Welcome hungry foodies to my ultimate guide to the best restaurants in Ko Olina! As a bonafide gourmand who enjoys exploring different cuisines, I have put in some serious dedication and hours analyzing and sampling a variety of dishes from an array of eateries at this remarkable resort. My boyfriend (and fellow guinea pig) accompanied me on this culinary journey.
Here’s the scoop: Over the past few months, we’ve been feasting our way through Japanese sushi platters, tangy barbecued American delights, creamy Italian pasta dishes – you name it. Incredibly enough – because one might think Hawaii is all about pineapples and luau pigs – the gastronomic diversity offered by Ko Olina had us licking our fingers clean every time!
Now hold your horses before you start drooling. Armed with a massive food coma but valiantly pressing ahead nonetheless in our mission to find top-tier dining options for you guys, we’re here to spill the beans! For years now, we’ve meticulously chosen only stellar dining establishments based on tastiness quotient, ambiance, customer service experience and pricing.
Warning: You may need to loosen your belt buckle or wear stretchy pants after reading further into these oh-so-mouthwatering reviews.
So why wait? Let’s dive right into this smorgasbord of delectable cuisine that awaits at Ko Olina!
Monkeypod Kitchen – Best Restaurant in Ko Olina
Looking for a place to rub elbows with locals and dine as they do? Look no further than Monkeypod Kitchen. This gem of an eatery is a favorite among the locals, full of island spirit and homely charm.
What makes Monkeypod Kitchen unique is its commitment to supporting local businesses, sourcing most ingredients from nearby farms. You can relish homegrown goodness while doing your part for the community!
On my birthday, my boyfriend surprised me by taking me here. We feasted on their renowned fish tacos, pumpkin ravioli, and pizza (trust me when I say they were every bit as delicious as rumored). But it wasn’t just about the food; their warm-hearted atmosphere felt like receiving a big Hawaiian hug.
Here’s why we couldn’t get enough of Monkeypod Kitchen:
- Outdoor Seating: Relish your meal in fresh air under Hawaii’s radiant sun.
- All-Day Dining: Open 12 hours daily so you can satisfy cravings at any hour.
- Parking Convenience: No downtown traffic hassles! Parking is readily available.
- Sports Enthusiasts Rejoice: Screens telecast interesting sports happenings.
- Necessities Checked!: Free WiFi—check! Full bar—check!
- Melodious Evenings: The cherry on top? Live music rounds out an already perfect dining experience.
Operating Hours: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Address: 92-1048 Olani St Suite 4-107, Kapolei, Oahu, HI 96707-4439
My humorous thought after visiting was wondering if there was anything these guys didn’t ace—the restaurant business or being fabulous hosts. Answer? None!
Island Vintage Coffee Ko Olina – Your Haven for Heavenly Coffee in Ko Olina
Any discussion of outstanding coffee can never be complete without mentioning Island Vintage Coffee Ko Olina. This establishment has quickly become our favorite morning haunt every time we find ourselves in the breathtaking beauty of Ko Olina.
The first time we strolled into Island Vintage, I ordered a Hawaiian Honey Latte while my boyfriend kept it classic with a regular latte. To put it simply, both were nothing short of perfect. We ventured to try their other coffees on subsequent visits, and they didn’t disappoint one bit!
And yes, do yourselves a favor: don’t leave without trying their ultra-refreshing açai bowls.
Here’s why you should add Island Vintage Coffee to your must-visit list:
- Outdoor Seating:: Bask in Hawaii’s radiant sun as you sip on your favourite brews at comfortable chairs outdoors.
- All Day Delight: Open 15 hours daily – there’s always an opportunity for coffee (and sandwiches)!
- The Sandwich Surprise!: Alongside stellar coffees, they whip up some incredible sandwiches.
Operating Hours: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Address: 92-1048 Olani St Suite 3-103C, Kapolei, Oahu
Remember when I said I like surprises? Well, finding such gourmet coffee delights was undoubtedly among the better ones! It’s safe to say; it warmed up more than just my taste buds!
Roy’s Restaurant – Ko Olina’s Premier Japanese Dining Destination
Ever since its establishment in 2004, Roy’s Restaurant has garnered a reputation for fine dining that fuses high-quality, delectable food with an ambience unlike any other. Serving up an impressive array of innovative dishes conceived by the chef, it offers a culinary experience par excellence!
Anticipating how popular this place is among locals and tourists alike, we had wisely made reservations ahead. My boyfriend and I enjoyed every dish we tried (and boy did we try plenty!), but the one that truly left a mark was the butterfish—each bite was like tasting heaven!
Prepare to have your taste buds tantalized at Roy’s:
- Sweet Endings: Their Pineapple Upside Down Cake is famously irresistible across town.
- Private Dining: Craving a quiet dinner or celebrating something special? Private dining options are available.
- Parking Ease: Ample parking space is readily available just outside.
- Spirits Galore: Their well-stocked bar ensures you’ll never run out of drink options.
Please take note:
Loud Tunes: The live music can sometimes be on the louder side – worth considering if you prefer quieter settings.
Operating Hours: 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM; 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Address: 92-1220 Aliinui Dr Koolina Resort, Kapolei, Oahu
Whether it was my enthusiastic appetite or love for trying new things—or both—I couldn’t help but think about what delights might await us on our next visit!
Island Country Markets at Ko Olina – Top Pick for Breakfast in Ko Olina
If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, then Island Country Markets at Ko Olina will be your paradise. With a breakfast menu that appears to stretch into infinity and caters to every palate imaginable, this spot took top honors during our week-long stay in glorious Ko Olina.
A friendly local tipped us off about the exemplary breakfasts served here—naturally, I wondered, ‘Just how good can breakfast get?’ Once we sampled their loaded omelets and flavor-packed burritos on our first morning visit, it became clear as day — those raving reviews were anything but exaggeration!
Here’s why you should make a beeline for Island Country Markets:
- Endless Choices: A dozen (if not more) scrumptious breakfast items await to kickstart your day.
- Parking Advantage: Spacious parking area ensures hassle-free visits.
- Accessibility Considered: The setup is wheelchair-friendly.
- All-Day Dining: Open 17 hours daily – from dawn till almost midnight!
Operating Hours: 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Address: 92-1048 Olani St, Kapolei, Oahu
As we wandered out after breakfast one morning with satiated grins set across our faces, my boyfriend quipped if only all mornings could start like this!
Noe Italian – Best Italian Restaurant in Ko Olina
If you’re an adventurous foodie looking to sample Michelin-star chef cuisine, Noe Italian is your go-to place. Serving exquisite southern Italian dishes with a contemporary twist, each recipe materializes from the inventive mind and skilled hands of celebrated Michelin-starred Chef Ryo Takatsuka.
Offering a vast selection of unique tastes and textures beyond traditional pasta, choosing from the menu could be daunting. I recommend trying their splendid 4-course tasting menu, allowing you to experience the range and depth of flavors on offer — it was unlike any we had savored before!
Here’s why Noe Italian won us over:
- Vino Bliss: A fine wine selection capable of impressing even connoisseurs.
- Private Dining: For those intimate meals or special celebrations in solitude.
- Parking Ease: Spacious parking is available nearby for hassle-free visits.
- Valet Services: No need to hunt for parking spots – they’ve got it covered!
- Essentials Sorted: A full bar, free WiFi – check all the boxes!
A couple of things to know before dining:
Cash Only: Remember that Noe has opted for traditional modes—cash payment only!
Operating Hours: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Address: 92-1001 Olani St., Kapolei, Oahu
As my boyfriend mused after our unforgettable meal there, “Who knew heaven would be found not above but right here at this tiny place called Noe?” Hard not to agree!
Ama Ama Restaurant – Where Heavenly Food Meets Mesmerizing Views
While the quality of food forms the pillar of a good restaurant, an exquisite panoramic view magnifies the dining experience manyfold. This blend of culinary finesse with scenic beauty is what makes Ama Ama Restaurant truly extraordinary.
Esteemed for its modern take on classic Hawaiian dishes, its waterfront location adds to its allure. Imagine savoring tantalizing island flavors while feasting your eyes on serene ocean vistas – an unforgettable feast for all senses!
On hearing rave reviews from a friendly local, we promptly reserved our table (a smart move as seats are coveted). We lavished ourselves with their diverse menu offerings – everything from fresh pasta to sublime corn soup was nothing short of spectacular.
Here’s why you need to bookmark Ama Ama:
- Waterfront Wonders: Enjoy stellar meals set against a tranquil water backdrop.
- The Great Outdoors: Enhance your dining experience by opting for outdoor seating.
- Valet Convenience: Leave parking hassles behind with valet services.
- Free Parking: Alternatively, ample free parking space is available nearby.
- All Essentials Covered: Serving alcohol and offering free WiFi ensures you don’t miss out on anything!
- Melodious Evenings: To top it all up? Live music performances adding rhythm to your memorable meals.
Breakfast: 7 AM -10:30 AM
Lunch: 11:30 AM – 3 PM
Dinner: 5 PM–9:30 PM
Address :Aulani Disney Resort 92-1185 Aliinui Dr., Kapolei,
Recalling our fantastic evening at AMA AMA, my boyfriend joked about how he transformed into a poet inspired both by Hawaiian cuisine and Pacific blue!
Mama’s Fish House at Four Seasons – The Best Seafood Restaurant in Ko Olina
While offering seafood is an easy task for most restaurants, delivering quality that parallels Mama’s Fish House at Four Seasons’ caliber is a true mastery. Spearheaded by celebrity chef Michael Mina and dedicated to serving only freshly caught seafood, you can count on the finest culinary experiences.
During our visit, we opted for straightforward orders – tuna tartare and classic fish & chips. To my amazement, even such staple dishes tasted extraordinary—a clear testament to Chef Mina’s prowess!
Here are some features that made Mama’s unforgettable:
- Waterfront Wonder: Enjoy your meal against the backdrop of stunning water views.
- Dine Al Fresco: You may opt for outdoor seating to further enhance your dining experience.
- Valet Service: Hassle-free parking is ensured with their valet service.
- Essentials Available: Free WiFi and a full bar meaning all bases are covered!
- Musical Evenings: The live music amplifies already high spirits.
Operating Hours: 3 PM–9 PM
Address: 92-1001 Olani St Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina
As we left after satisfying both stomachs and souls with perfect ambience and food combined (aka “the recipe” of perfect evenings), I remember my boyfriend remarking those were probably best Fish & Chips he ever had! Just another reason why this place holds a sweet spot in our hearts!
Ko Olina is renowned for its top-rated restaurants. With places like Roy’s Ko Olina, managed by chef Roy Yamaguchi, and Mina’s Fish House, known for its Hawaiian seafood tower, dining in this location is always a delight. The ko olina center also boasts the Island Country Market and a delightful ice cream shop, perhaps the Black Sheep Cream you’ve been hearing about?
For seafood lovers, the raw bar and seafood restaurants Ko Olina offer popular dishes like lobster pot pie, Kauai shrimp, and day boat scallops. Don’t forget to hit the happy hour at Ko Olina restaurants.
For a more luxurious experience, luxury dining and oceanfront restaurants are must-visit spots. Your taste buds deserve the great food from the best ko Olina restaurants.
Last Updated on August 16, 2023 by Brigitte