Welcome, food enthusiasts! Over the years, my boyfriends and I have journeyed through countless culinary landscapes. Pizzas in Chicago, steaks in Texas, and lobsters in Maine – we’ve savored them all! But today, I invite you on a gastronomic tour of Kailua’s best restaurants.
With a passion for exploring new places and plates alike – we simply couldn’t resist the foodie’s paradise that is Kailua. Between our beach frolicking and surfing lessons, let me tell you, there wasn’t an authentic Hawaiian poke dish or Boston-style pizza slice left untried. In our pursuit to deliver delectable discoveries to fellow epicureans like you, we dined at umpteen restaurants across this stunning city!
Warning: You might need to loosen your belt by a few notches once you follow our restaurant recommendations.
Pearls of wisdom? Check. Expertise gained from hours of devoted dining interaction? Double-check. Now equipped with everything but elastic-waisted pants for you (Sorry!), prepare yourself for an unforgettable feast detailing exactly why these five restaurants claim the top spots in Kailua’s culinary scene.
Now enough teasing—let’s dive fork-first into these quality chow joints!
Bob’s Boston Pizza – The Best Restaurant in Kailua
Transporting the East coast to Hawaii, Bob’s Boston Pizza serves up mouthwatering slabs of pizza styled after Beantown’s favorites. With a crust that hits all the right notes of crispness and chewiness paired with fresh ingredients and a zesty sauce – it’ll be difficult not to keep reaching for another slice.
My boyfriend and I are fervent pizza connoisseurs, having tasted numerous varieties from New York to Naples. So when we bit into a cheesy slice at Bob’s Boston Pizza, we were delightfully surprised by how authentic it tasted. The hearty meat pizza we shared was not only scrumptious but satiating too.
Heading over to Bob’s? Here is what makes this pizzeria stand out:
- Delivery: Craving their heavenly pies in your pajamas? No problem! Use GrubHub and have them deliver straight to your doorstep.
- Ambiance: They offer an outdoor seating area where you can relish alfresco dining while enjoying Kauai’s warm weather
- Parking: Parking woes won’t ruin your experience; ample space is available outside the restaurant.
- Variety: Besides carnivorous delights, they also boast vegetarian-friendly options so everyone can join in the feast.
- Slice-by-Slice: Not quite ready for a whole pie? You can simply order pizza by the slice!
Open Hours: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
ADDRESS: 130 Kailua Rd Ste 112, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-3420, United States
Who knew finding comfort food as good as back home on our Hawaiian adventure would lead us down memory lane? As my boyfriend quipped during our meal there,” This beats arguing about pineapple on pizzas any day!”
Crepes No Ka ‘Oi – Unparalleled Crepes in Kailua
Is your mouth watering for a thin, delicate pancake filled with divine blends of sweet and savory? Look no further than Crepes No Ka ‘Oi. As the name suggests (it translates to “the best” in Hawaiian), this cafe takes its crepe game seriously without making you break the bank.
I’m not one for dessert-like breakfasts, so I eagerly opted for their Basically Mushroom crepe which was lush with earthy goodness. My boyfriend, on the other hand, went all out on a health kick choosing The Healthy Alternative crepe. It came loaded with natural granola, creamy non-fat yogurt and freshly sliced strawberries – as delectable as wholesome can get!
What made our experience at Crepes No Ka ‘Oi undoubtedly memorable:
- Menu: They offer an expansive selection of both sweet and savory crepes.
- Beverages: Complement your meal with their aromatic Italian coffee or choose from locally made beers and wines.
- Dietary Needs: Vegan? Vegetarian? Gluten intolerant? They’ve got you covered with tasty options too!
- Parking: Street parking is available outside the restaurant to easily accommodate visitors.
- Free Wi-Fi: Enjoy free Wi-Fi access while digging into their heavenly offerings.
Open Hours: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
ADDRESS: 143 Hekili St Ste 130, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-2804, United States
Every bite we took held a little bit of that unmistakably Hawaiian warmth similarly reflected by our vibrant surroundings! And although we didn’t fuss over getting just the right picture before diving into our meals (that’s how delicious they looked!), my boyfriend insists he had me smiling like a Cheshire cat when our plates arrived!
Buzz’s Original Steak House – Best Kailua Restaurant for Dinner
Don’t let the name fool you. The expansive menu at Buzz’s Original Steakhouse extends beyond your average steak joint, offering a tantalizing range of dishes that cater to all taste buds. Whether you’re craving fresh salads, juicy burgers, succulent seafood or tender steaks – they have got something for everyone.
For our dinner date, my boyfriend and I decided to explore their diverse offerings. We chose Thai Chicken Salad and the Mushroom Garden Burger as our starters followed by BBQ ribs served with fluffy rice. To end on a sweet note, we shared Buzz’s Ice Cream Pie – an absolute treat! Every dish not only met but surpassed our expectations.
Here are some highlights from our visit:
- Seating: Make the most out of Hawaii’s picturesque weather with their outdoor seating option.
- Parking: No parking hassle here! They offer free street parking just outside.
- Full Bar: Get into vacation mode with their wide selection of alcohol.
- Ambiance: Enhance your dining pleasure with stunning waterfront views.
A few heads-up before you head there:
- Reservations: With its popularity amongst locals and tourists alike, it is advisable to book ahead!
Open Hours: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM and 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM
ADDRESS: 413 Kawailoa Rd, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-3134, United States
As someone who takes food seriously (who doesn’t?), I can guarantee one thing – leave room for dessert! My boyfriend couldn’t stop teasing me about how my eyes lit up when I saw that pie coming!
Moke’s Bread and Breakfast – The Best Breakfast Place in Kailua
When it comes to the day’s first meal, Moke’s Bread and Breakfast is the place to be. This beloved cafe offers a breakfast menu as diverse as it gets, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
Knowing how popular this spot can get, my boyfriend and I made sure to start our day early here. I opted for their Sunrise Breakfast, which came with two eggs cooked just right, a soft honey butter biscuit, and savory sausage. My boyfriend went all decadent with their lilikoi pancake which tasted every bit as dreamy as it sounds! Heads-up: enhance its flavor by ordering extra lilikoi sauce on the side.
Few highlights of our visit included:
- Coffee: Wake up your senses with their home blend coffee that perfectly complements every breakfast dish.
- Ambiance: If you’re an early bird who loves fresh air while dining, take advantage of their outdoor tables.
- Entertainment: Lunchtime at Moke’s isn’t just about great food but also live music!
Before heading over remember these pointers:
- Parking: Metered street parking is available outside the restaurant.
- No AC: Keep in mind that they don’t have air conditioning inside.
Open Hours: 6:30 AM to 2:00 PM Wednesday to Monday (Closed on Tuesday)
ADDRESS: 27 Hoolai St, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-2632, United States
My boyfriend joked about me being more smitten by my breakfast than him! Honestly? That sausage had some serious competition going!
The Hibachi – Poke Perfection in Kailua
Ever when you’re vacationing in Hawaii, not indulging in a generous serving of poke would be nothing short of tragic. If authentic Hawaiian cuisine is your calling, make sure to tick off The Hibachi on your must-visit list. Masterfully prepared and seasoned just right, their poke will have you hooked from the first bite.
Impressed by their well-rounded service, my boyfriend and I found ourselves returning for more during our trip. One time too many? Maybe! But who’s counting?
Here are features that made us fans of The Hibachi:
- Beverages: They offer a splendid array of refreshing drinks to accompany your meal.
- Parking: Ease into worry-free dining with free parking available at the establishment.
Remarkably versatile, they cater to all kinds – breakfast enthusiasts or late-night dinner lovers!
Keep these tips handy before visiting:
- Seating: With just two tables available seating can sometimes be limited.
Open Hours: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM Wednesday to Sunday
10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Monday and Tuesday
ADDRESS: 515 Kailua Rd, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-2828, United States
We side-eyed anyone suggesting sushi after we’d had the best poke! My boyfriend even hoped we’d get stuck traffic just so he could justify another round!
Kailua food spots offer a diverse range of delectable dishes. Kailua’s top restaurants are a must-visit when you’re in town. From custard french toast at Cinnamon’s Restaurant to local specialties like kalua pig hash and fish tacos, there’s something for everyone. If you’re searching for best food in Kailua, look no further than this kailua dining guide.
Families can enjoy fresh fruit and fresh fish dishes, while couples might opt for eggs benedict or crab cakes. Don’t miss the local favorite avocado toast or garlic chicken, and for those looking for healthier options, there’s always the juice bar with its refreshing acai bowls. Dive deep into Kailua food reviews and you’ll find these eateries top the list.
So, the next time you’re pondering Kailua food recommendations, remember these top picks. Happy dining!
Last Updated on August 16, 2023 by Brigitte